- 100g F.G. fine or medium soy grits
- 4 tbsp cornflour (with a little water added to form a thin slurry)
- 2 cups of risotto (cold or room temperature – mushroom or pumpkin is great!)
- 6 cubes mozzarella or goats cheese, approx. 1-2cm pieces
- Vegetable oil, for frying.
- Roughly form 6 small rice balls to begin with, using risotto.
- Place a cheese cube in centre of each ball and re-roll rice ball around the cheese.
- Make a thin mix using cornflour and a little water (prepare in bowl) and coat rice ball in this.
- Then roll rice ball in fine or medium soy grits (prepare grits in bowl).
- When all balls are prepared, heat vegetable oil and fry until golden.
- Gently remove from oil using a slotted spoon and place onto kitchen paper towel.
- Serve on a platter to share or single in lunches.
Enjoy fresh and melting or room temperature for lunch or a picnic the next day. Experiment with using various flavour combos of your favourite risotto.