Cauliflower Cheese Bake
- 4 tbsp F.G. Roberts chickpea flour
- 4 tbsp F.G. Roberts fine or medium soy grits, pan toasted
- ½ large cauliflower, florets washed, cut and steamed
- 300ml milk
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup mixed grated melting cheese, eg. tasty/mozzarella/parmesan + extra for topping if desired.
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place steamed cauliflower florets evenly in a baking or pie dish.
- Combine chickpea flour and butter in a small saucepan and cook to form a roux (this should be a thick, smooth paste).
- Gradually add milk, cheese and pinch of salt to roux, stirring continuously to form a smooth sauce.
- Once thickened, pour cheese sauce evenly over steamed cauliflower.
- Sprinkle all with toasted soy grits and a little extra cheese if desired.
- Bake further in pre-heated oven for approx. 10-15mins. Then place under oven grill for a few minutes until top is golden and cheese is melted.
Enjoy as a comforting accompaniment to a main meal on a wintery evening!