Chic Pea Flour Crepes
- 35g F.G. Roberts Chick Pea Flour
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp sugar (optional or omit for savoury)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional or omit for savoury)
- 10g butter for frying
- Or pro-rata quantities
- Crack egg into mixing jug, adding vanilla, chick pea flour, salt and sugar and combining with a fork until a stiff batter forms.
- Gradually add milk, whisking with the fork as you go, until you achieve a thin batter which just coats the back of a spoon.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a small frying pan.
- Pour enough batter from the jug to thinly coat the bottom of the pan, swirl around until evenly coated. The batter will set and you will know the bottom of the crepe is cooked when you can just lift the edge of the crepe with a spatula.
- Flip crepe over with the spatula (or try a more dramatic flip if you are feeling daring).
- Lightly cook other side and slide onto a plate.
- Keep stirring batter in the mixing jug and repeat frying process with remaining batter.
- As they are cooked, slide each crepe onto the stack and set aside to cool, ready to fill and top with your favourite ingredients.
Try sweet crepes with custard, apple and caramel sauce, ricotta and cinnamon, Choc No Nuts spread or some simple jam, honey or squeezed lemon.
Try savoury crepes filled with Bolognese, chicken or ricotta and spinach. Top with cheese for a lunch or dinner with friends.
The sky is the limit. Use your imagination and come up with your own tasty fillings....