- 330g FG Roberts Traditional Bread Mix
- 6g active dry yeast
- 5ml oil (not olive oil)
- 5ml white vinegar
- 450ml warm water
- Place the water in a plastic bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the surface.
- Add the vinegar and oil.
- Stir gently with a spoon or fork until the yeast is dissolved (approximately 1 minute).
- Add the bread mix to the liquid and mix with a sturdy spoon until all the dry ingredients are well combined and a soft moist dough forms (1 to 2 minutes).
- Use a spatula to scrape out all the dough onto a lightly floured board.
- Rice flour is easy to clean up, but you can use any gluten free flour. Knead dough for 1-2 minutes.
- Mould the dough to get a slightly elongated shape to make your Vienna LOAF.
- Place the dough onto a warm baking papered lined tray.
- Cover the tray with cling film and leave aside in a warm place to rise. When it has more than doubled in size (about 60 minutes), gently slash diagonal lines across the dough surface with a very sharp blade.
- You can dust the surface with flour, or if you want seeds on the top, brush milk or water generously over the surface and sprinkle on the seeds. This will ensure the seeds stay on the loaf and the milk with give a crunchy brown crunch.
- Place in a pre-heated oven and bake for 60 minutes at 215C.
- Remove from the oven tray after baking and allow to fully cool on a rack before slicing and eating.